DRYER VENT CLEANING SERVICES
DRYER VENT CLEANING SERVICES: AIR CONDITIONING IS NOT A LUXURY IT’S A NECESSITY!
Regular cleaning of clothes dryer ducts and vents is an important way to maintain the safety of your home while improving the efficiency of your dryer. Over time, lint accumulates on the sides of your dryer vent tubing, decreasing airflow and making it harder and harder for your dryer to do its job.
Removing this lint means your dryer can more quickly dry your clothes, saving money and time. In addition, blocked dryer vents can cause your clothes dryer to overheat, creating a critical fire hazard. Magnificent Air has the specialized equipment and expertise needed to quickly clean your dryer vents, keeping your home safe and saving you money.
Dryer Vent Fire Prevention – A Simple Solution:
Have dryer vents professionally cleaned and inspected annually to help prevent dryer vent fires. Routine maintenance and care of your dryer vent system to prevent fires includes:
Dryer vent systems need to be up-to-code with your city.
- A properly installed all-metal dryer vent will help ensure airflow; replace any plastic or foil vent with semi-rigid or solid metal venting.
- Do not operate the dryer without a lint filter.
- Clean lint trays and screens before or after each use of the dryer.
- Clean lint out of the vent pipe.
- Make sure the air exhaust vent pipe is not restricted and the outdoor vent flap will open when the dryer is operating.
- Dryers should be properly grounded.
- Avoid overloading a washing machine or dryer.
- Follow the manufacturer’s operating instructions.
- Never leave the house or go to bed with your dryer running
THE FIRES MAY BE CAUSED BY:
- Failure of mechanical and/or electrical parts within the dryer.
- Improper materials placed in the dryer.
- Insufficient airflow as a result of improper installation Vents with a lot of turns or elbows build up more lint.
Reduced airflow and lint build-up cause overheating and prevent fast drying action. When this happens, safety switches cycle on and off continuously and can fail over a period of time. This results in higher costs of operation and could cause a costly and dangerous dryer fire.
Magnificent Air professionals use a variety of specialized tools and procedures to clean dryer vent duct work. The entire process usually takes about one hour. However, cleaning is only one part of our service. The dryer vent is also inspected for several mechanical issues that should be checked by a professional duct cleaner. Magnificent Air professionals are the qualified choice.
Advanced Warning Signs
Clothes (especially towels or jeans) that take a long time to dry Clothes are hotter than usual at the end of the cycle Flapper on vent hood doesn’t open when dryer is on.
If you notice any of these signs, schedule a professional dryer cleaning or inspection immediately.